Emile Allen, M.D.
A member of the National Speakers Association (NSA), Dr. Emile Allen exhibits the insatiable drive and magnetism of a leader and a survivor. The moment Dr. Allen walks into a room, you know that you have met the ultimate combination of both. An accomplished surgeon specializing in urologic oncology, he not only built three successful private practices with a cherished roster of patients, but also was the Chief of Urology and Vice Chairman of Surgery at Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla, California. While consulting at another hospital, a tragic accident in the operating room switched his role from that of a beloved doctor to a patient fighting for his life.
Dr. Allen’s true stories of rebuilding his shattered identify through facing his fears, which he calls his ‘tigers’, are captivating and entertaining audiences nationwide. He teaches the importance of embracing our ‘tigers’ in order to live a more empowered life. He provides us with hope and valuable insights so that we can have a ‘do-over’ in our lives, too. His laser-sharp lessons mixed with his electrifying charisma provide a heartfelt perspective on finding your inner brilliance. Dr. Allen offers a clear approach on identifying and embracing ‘the tiger’ within all of us. Through his guidance, you will come to realize the many gifts life’s challenges have to offer.
EDUCATION AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Member of the National Speakers Association and Florida Speakers Association
- Chief of Urology and Vice Chairman, Department of Surgery, Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla, California
- Vice Chairman, The Physician Executive Section, National Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- National Medical Association
- Director of Fiji Medical Mission
- UC Davis, Davis, California – BS; Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois – MD; and University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, Iowa City, IA – Adult and Pediatric Urology and Urologic Oncology
- Clinical Faculty Appointment – University of California – San Diego, Veterans Administration Hospital, San Diego, California
- Author of the book, Eaten By The Tiger, Surrendering to an Empowered Life
- Contributing Author for the book, Chimes of Time, Wounded Health Professionals’ Essays on Recovery
- Contributing Author of the upcoming book, Contagious Optimism, Volume II, Uplifting Stories and Motivational Advice for Positive Forward Thinking